Careers at Sea
Seaspan Crew Management Ltd. offers at-sea positions on board containerships of various sizes and specifications.
View our available opportunities on ship and submit your application using our online system.
JOIN THE BEST AT SEA
When you join the Seaspan family, you become a part of a company with one of the newest and most advanced fleets in the industry. Our modern vessels are maintained to the highest standards and offer excellent living conditions for our seafarers.
To be considered for a job at sea with Seaspan:
- The applicant applies for a posted Seaspan position
- The applicant receives an automated email confirming that the job application has been successfully submitted
- Seaspan screens the application and resume for accuracy and completeness
- Seaspan assesses the applicant’s knowledge, skills and attitude
- Seaspan calls the applicant if he or she passes the preliminary screening for interview(s)
Applicants who successfully complete the above stages are offered a letter of intent or an offer letter for employment with Seaspan.
TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT
We offer a variety of training programs and initiatives to our seafarers and shore employees to build capabilities, further their professional growth and improve vessel safety and security.
We believe that the best possible team is one where we train ourselves. Seaspan provides the following types of training:
- Pre-joining training
- Continuous onboard training
- Cadet Training Program to mentor new seafarers
- Competency Management System (CMS) shipboard procedures and work instructions for deck and engine teams in compliance with International Safety Management (IMO) standards
- Navigation and engineering refresher courses
- Shiphandling and Manoeuvring of Very Large Ships training for those preparing to sail on our 13,100 TEU and larger vessels
- Seaspan’s Company Operating Procedures E-Learning System (COPES), which enables us to share training and critical information with our global seafarers at home or in the field
- In-house electronic engine (ME) simulator training at our Mumbai office
We provide regular programs for deck, engine and catering trainees to help them become valued ratings. All seafarers regularly participate in safety training and drills.
We also offer leadership training for all of our senior officers, including Maritime Resource Management (MRM) through a certified training professional in Seaspan’s Mumbai office.